The Sugar Artist of Utah Show will be held on September 24th & 25th, 2021. Competitors will enter their showpieces on the evening of Friday, 24th and all other activities take place Saturday, 25th.
*** Application Deadline – July 5th 2021 ***
Our show venue is the Salt Lake Community College Miller Campus. Classes will be held at the SLCC Culinary Institute. Competition, exhibitors, vendors, etc., will be held at the Karen Gail Miller Conference Center.
We are able to teach classes throughout the day on Saturday from 8 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. Our awards ceremony begins at the conference center at 7:30 p.m. If you want to begin at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, we suggest setting up your classroom on Friday evening.
We welcome and will consider all class length requests and price ranges. We strive to provide a variety to meet the needs of all show attendees. We will need to cap the number of students based on the classroom size. Classes that teach a variety of techniques will sell the best. We will be evaluating maximum class sizes based upon COVID restrictions. As things are unpredictable, we may need to make adjustments in order to follow guidelines. If there is a time slot that you are not teaching, you may also sign up to demonstrate at the conference center.
We have several classrooms of various sizes. Below is a floor plan of SLCC Culinary Institute. We have also included photos of the school and some of the classroom spaces. One of the classrooms is a culinary kitchen that can be divided into two classrooms. We will coordinate classrooms and times to meet the needs of the instructor and students. We will plan 30 minutes before and after classes to clean up and set up. During that time, if another instructor will be coming in, you will be sharing the transition space. Classrooms will provide an instructing table and comfortable space for each student.
Instructors Provide For Class
- A handout with your name and contact info
- Supplies and tools needed to complete the project
- Copies or patterns or recipes if needed
- A certificate for each student that states your name and the class that they completed
Instructor Compensation and Benefits
- S.A.U.S. retains 25% of total class fees and will increase class fee to cover necessary processing fees.
- Free access to show events & activities.
- A check for your class fees will be given to you on Saturday, September 25th, 2021 at the show Awards Ceremony.
Instructors Provide S.A.U.S. With The Following
- Title for your Class Project
- Class Project Photo
- Class Project Description
- Class Student Instruction Handout
- S.A.U.S. handles all registrations and fees.
- S.A.U.S. will provide class registration enrollment update on September 1st, 2021 to the instructor.
- S.A.U.S. will continue to sell classes until 12:00 p.m. on Friday, September 24th.
- S.A.U.S. will try to provide volunteer help with clean up and set up for classes.
- Please determine whether or not to cancel the class on September 1st, 2021 if minimum enrollment needs have not been met.
- If you must cancel the class, a written notification must be sent to email@example.com by September 5th, 2021.
- Any class special requests must be made by September 5th, 2021.
- S.A.U.S. will advertise your classes. It is expected that you will do the same on your social media.
- Instructors must coordinate and pay for their own transportation, food, and lodging.
- Begin and end class on time.
Classroom supplies may be sent in advance to the address below. Please label all items with your name and class. Your class items will be delivered to the SLCC Culinary Institute.
Sugar Artists of Utah Show, 12232 Graystone Lane, Draper, Utah, 84020
If you need a shuttle from the airport to your hotel, we’ve provided a couple of links for the shuttle or Uber services. The Karen Gail Miller Conference Center is about 8 miles or 15 minutes from the SLC International airport. Below are some hotels with their addresses. Those hotels partner with the conference center but we do not have a specific agreement with them for S.A.U.S. 2021. Google Maps is a great resource for mapping distances between the hotel and conference center. Google Maps The hotels listed are just the ones that partner with the conference center.
- SLC Airport Shuttle – 1-801-300-8800
- SLC Airport Uber – 1-801-575-2400
- SLC Uber
- Hilton Garden Inn – 277 W Sego Lily Dr., Sandy, Utah, 84070, (801-352-9400)
- Hampton Inn – 10690 Holiday Park Dr., Sandy, Utah, 84070, (801-571-0800)
- Residence Inn by Marriott – 270 W 10000 S. Sandy, Utah, 84070, (801-561-5005)
- Courtyard by Marriott – 100701 Holiday Park Dr., Sandy, Utah, 84070, (801-571-3600)
COVID-19 Safety Acknowledgement and Liability Release
Show attendees, instructors, judges, exhibitors, understand that we will be following current Covid guidelines at both locations and throughout the activities of S.A.U.S. Any necessary precautions to keep show participants safe will be taken. As a show participant, you may be asked to follow Covid guidelines that may include, but are not limited to, wearing masks, temperature checks, wearing gloves, having a designated sanitization area, social distancing, and safety shields. Circumstances are constantly evolving; consequently, so are the Covid-19 guidelines and safety standards. Notification of current guidelines will be on our website and you will be notified via of any specific precautions that need to be taken.
S.A.U.S., its director, and owner are not liable in any way for failure to hold the show. Fees will be returned as long as full payment was made by September 1st, 2021. If due to laws, regulations, events, impossible or impracticable circumstances, or acts of God, the show must be cancelled after, September 1st, 2021, fees minus actual expenses incurred will be reimbursed.