The Sugar Artist of Utah Show will be held on October 21st & 22nd, 2022. Competitors will enter their showpieces on the evening of Friday, the 21st and all other activities take place Saturday, the 22nd.
*** Application Deadline – July 1st 2022 ***
Classes will be held at the Karen Gail Miller Conference Center, 9750 South 300 West, Sandy, Utah 84070.
We are able to teach classes throughout the day on Friday 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. and Saturday from 8 a.m. until 6:30 p.m. Our awards ceremony begins at the conference center at 7:00 p.m.
We welcome and will consider all class length requests and price ranges. We strive to provide a variety of classes at various levels to meet the needs of all show attendees. We will need to cap the number of students based on the classroom size. If you have a limit on the number of students that you want in your class, there is a place to indicate that on the application. Classrooms will be assigned based on the number of paid students and assigned to you at registration. As things are unpredictable, we may need to make adjustments in order to follow current covid guidelines. If there is a time slot that you are not teaching and you are willing, you will be scheduled to demonstrate at the conference center during the public open house on Saturday between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. You are allowed to sell your business products in your classroom and retain full profit. In order to do so, you need to register and pay as a vendor. If you would also like to sell products in the vendor space as well, your vendor registration covers your vendor hall space as well. You are responsible for all required taxes or fees for your classroom sales.
We have several classrooms of various sizes. We have also included photos of the conference center and some examples of classroom spaces. We will coordinate classrooms and times to meet the needs of the instructor and students. We will plan 30 minutes before and after classes to clean up and set up. During that time, if another instructor will be coming in, you will be sharing the transition space. Classrooms will provide an instructing table and comfortable space for each student. If you have special requests, we will try to accommodate them. We have the ability to set classes up for either instructional or hands-on classes. If you will be teaching a hands-on class, water in the rooms is not available so you will need to plan accordingly. We will try to provide a volunteer to help with classroom setup and clean-up. We are able to cover workspaces with plastic if you feel that is needed to keep the carpeted floors protected. Please no airbrushes as we just can’t see how the off spray can be adequately contained. Extraordinary clean-up requirements could result in additional cleaning fees. We will be inspecting the classrooms after each class.
Instructors Provide For Class
- An instruction handout with your name and contact info.
- Supplies and tools needed to complete the project.
- Copies or patterns or recipes if needed.
- A certificate for each student that states your name and the class that they completed.
- Set up and clean up needs. Water is not provided in the classrooms.
Instructor Compensation and Benefits
- S.A.U.S. retains 25% of total class fees and we will increase the class fee to cover our necessary expenses or fees.
- You may sell your business products in your classroom. You retain all revenue received from product sales during class teaching or in the vendor hall. You are responsible for any taxes or fees connected to those sales.
- Free access to show events & activities.
- A check for your class fees will be given to you on Saturday, October 22nd, 2022 at the show Awards Ceremony.
Instructors Provide S.A.U.S. With The Following
- Title for your Class Project
- Class Project Photo
- Class Project Description
- S.A.U.S. handles all registrations and fees.
- S.A.U.S. will provide a class registration enrollment update on September 24th, 2022 to the instructor.
- S.A.U.S. will continue to sell classes until 12:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 15th.
- S.A.U.S. will try to provide volunteer help with clean-up and set up for classes.
- You must determine whether or not to cancel the class by October 1st, 2022 if minimum enrollment needs have not been met.
- If you must cancel the class, written notification must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 1st, 2022.
- Any class special requests must be made by October 1st, 2022.
- S.A.U.S. will advertise your classes. It is expected that you will do the same on your social media.
- Instructors must coordinate and pay for their own transportation, food, and lodging.
- Classroom set up and clean up. Extraordinary clean-up requirements could result in a cleaning fee. Please respect the conference center and keep students in check. Please no airbrushes!
- Begin and end class on time.
- Instructors will be held responsible for any damage to the conference center resulting from their activities, or those of their representatives, agents, employees, or students. Please respect the conference center and ask your students to do the same. We are able to cover the floors of the workspaces in your classroom if you feel that is needed to protect the conference center during your class. You may ask students to leave your class if they are not respectful to you or the conference center. Send them to the show registration table and we will handle the situation. We will give you phone numbers to text if you have an issue with any class attendees.
Classroom supplies may be sent in advance to the address below. Please label all items with your name and class. Your class items will be delivered to and waiting for you at the Miller Conference Center when you arrive.
Mail your supplies to:
Sugar Artists of Utah Show
12232 Graystone Lane
Draper, Utah, 84020
If you need a shuttle from the airport to your hotel, we’ve provided a couple of links for the shuttle or Uber services. The Miller Conference Center is about 8 miles or 15 minutes from the SLC International airport. Below are some hotels with their addresses. These hotels partner with the conference center but we do not have a specific agreement with them for S.A.U.S. 2022. Google Maps is a great resource for mapping distances between the hotel and the conference center. Google Maps The hotels listed are just the ones that partner with the conference center.
- SLC Airport Shuttle – 1-801-300-8800
- SLC Airport Uber – 1-801-575-2400
- SLC Uber
- Hilton Garden Inn – 277 W Sego Lily Dr., Sandy, Utah, 84070, (801-352-9400)
- Hampton Inn – 10690 Holiday Park Dr., Sandy, Utah, 84070, (801-571-0800)
- Residence Inn by Marriott – 270 W 10000 S. Sandy, Utah, 84070, (801-561-5005)
- Courtyard by Marriott – 100701 Holiday Park Dr., Sandy, Utah, 84070, (801-571-3600)
COVID-19 Safety Acknowledgement and Liability Release
S.A.U.S., its director, and its owner are not liable in any way for failure to hold the show. S.A.U.S., its director, and its owner are not liable in any way for failure to hold the show. All student class registrations are non-refundable unless classes are canceled by the instructor in writing by October 1st, 2022.